We will release PayFlow V2 on the Polygon Chain, expected around Q3, 2023. Your current PFT will be exchanged for the new tokens.
The PayChain holders will get their PACHA tokens exchanged for PFT V2 through a vesting period.
PayFlow (PFT) will migrate to Polygon to build a strong project and expand our use-case.
Following this announcement, PFT V1 trading is still open and will be stopped on January 30th at 18:00 CET.
Why a V2 and what will change?
Digital Crypto payments for PayFlow is not a matter of if, but when. The PayFlow team has been considering options to enable this for individuals and businesses. The use cases this can potentially bring, how to move beyond our current state and deliver PayFlow to the world.
Efforts to build our platform have been successful with our ecosystem, the swap and staking function, yet there are certain steps necessary to truly achieve our goals. This made space to take a critical look at PayFlow and develop new plans for a sustainable future.
The criteria were:
- Registration and licensing of the PayFlow company.
- Being built on a blockchain focused on adaptation.
- Partnership with a payment provider.
- Trading against a stablecoin (USDT/USDC).
PayFlow will release PayFlow V2 on the Polygon Chain, expected around Q3 of 2023. Your current PFT-tokens will be exchanged for the new V2 tokens.
In the efforts to achieve this, we made the following decision: PayFlow V2 on the Polygon to accelerate crypto payment adaption within and beyond the digital realm. Polygon is a rapidly growing blockchain layered on Ethereum, with the slogan “bringing the world to Ethereum”.
Polygon believes in Web3 for all and functions as a scaling platform, making adaption fast, secure and cheap. This Blockchain fits our goals seamless. To issue crypto payment services to customer and companies, we will undergo the process of registration and licensing to expand our services.
Not only does this open the path to a partnership with a payment provider to build a Debit Card, but also a stream of new investment potential into the PayFlow company. At last, the V2 also gives the chance to be traded against a Stablecoin instead of BNB, giving our users more insight into the financial value of the PayFlow token (PFT).
PayFlow will undergo a revamp and transform for current and future products and services. Our style and design, tokenomics and business model will be adjusted to fit the project. The basis of the use case will remain unchanged and be expanded in the upcoming months and years.
To describe our use case in one sentence: PayFlow is here to issue crypto payment services to customer and company.
Besides the realization of the envisioned use case like:
- Virtual and Physical Debit Card.
- Upgraded PayFlowSwap + Staking.
- NFT Marketplace + NFT collection.
- PayFlow Multi Wallet.
- Digital Payment Services and more.
PayFlow Restructuring plan:
We aim to achieve the following goals with the revamp:
- A fair and decentralized PFT staking rewards distribution to all the active stakers.
- An efficient and effective solution to prevent wash trading.
- Modifying the transaction costs from zero fees to a small % to avoid dumps.
- The new tokenomics will also upgrade the PFT token utility.
*10% of the total rewards in the staking pools will be staked by the PayFlow Deployer wallet, the earned rewards will be used to add extra rewards in the next pools.
“Under this design, we expect PFT to play an important role in our project, with a focus on its use as a means of payment.”
More Tokens in Circulation and Supply
There will be an increase in the total supply of the new PFT V2, The extra supply will also be used for multiple reasons.
This has led to some issues we are now facing with our tokenomics:
- The PFT token has suffered a price drop due to over staking-rewards and under-volume during this bear period.
- The liquidity against the number of tokens in circulation is not stable enough.
- Token allocation too small for partnerships & development.
The new tokenomics will fix this issue.
The New Token
The new PFT token will be created on Polygon (ERC-20).
- To get the V2 tokens, you had to hold your old PFT in your private wallet, for which you hold the private key (BNB Smart Chain).
- You can buy the new V2 tokens through the upcoming pre-sale or at public launch.
- The snapshot for the new PFT tokens has been taken.
- You will be able to claim the new PFT V2 at a ratio of 1:1 to the old PFT (instructions on how to claim it will follow).
More information about where and how the new PFT will be offered for sale will follow.
The PayChain holders will get their PACHA exchanged for PFT V2 tokens, It vests monthly over 5 months, and starts 30 days after TGE.
This means every month you will get 20% released over 5 months, starts after TGE.
More information will be announced separately with details about the vesting.
PayFlow (PFT) V1
Following this announcement, PFT trading is still open and will be stopped on the January 30th at 18:00 CET, to prevent V1 holders from receiving duplicate tokens.
There is no need to sell or buy PFT V1 tokens, you will receive PayFlow V2 when it is released.
If you sell PFT V1 tokens before the holders snapshot, you are not eligible to receive PFT V2.
Any purchases made after this announcement will not be included in the snapshot for the V2.
- The snapshot for the PFT V2 price has been taken.
- The snapshot for the V1 holders will be taken on January 30 at 18:00 CET.
How do we get our PFT V2 tokens at launch?
- You get the V2 tokens through a vesting plan, so we lower the chance of huge price drops of the V2.
What is a vesting period?
- A vesting schedule is announced by the project to release these tokens at intervals throughout a given period.
Why a vesting period?
- By locking up tokens, projects prevent dumpers from crashing the price as soon as the token gets listed on any exchange. It is usually a part of their anti-dump policy to attract more investors by gaining their trust in the longevity of the project.
Do I lose my PayFlow tokens because of the V2?
- No, your current PayFlow (PFT) will be swapped for V2 tokens.
Should I sell my PayFlow V1?
- Not necessary, you will receive PayFlow V2 when it will be released.
When will PayFlow V2 be released?
- We are aiming to release PayFlow V2 in Q3 of 2023.
Is this bullish news?
- We cannot give financial advice or price predictions. PayFlow V2 will be a ready-developed product for the crypto market on a fast-growing blockchain.
What is Polygon?
- Polygon is a Layer 2 scaling solution that achieves scale by utilizing side chains for off-chain computation and a decentralized network of Proof-of-Stake (PoS) validators.
- Polygon strives to solve the scalability and usability issues while not compromising on decentralization and leveraging the existing developer community and ecosystem. It aims at improving existing platforms by providing scalability and superior user experience to dApps and user functionalities.
- It is a scaling solution for public blockchains. Polygon PoS supports all the existing Ethereum tooling, along with faster and cheaper transactions.
What can I use on Polygon, and where can I buy?
- The main token of Polygon is Matic, this token can be bought on almost all exchanges. The most popular DEX is Uniswap and Quickswap.
Be careful when purchasing Matic that you buy Matic on Polygon and not on Ethereum. Some exchanges don’t support Matic (Polygon) but only Matic (ETH).
Key features & highlights
- Scalability: Fast, low-cost and secure transactions on Polygon side chains with finality achieved on mainchain and Ethereum as the first compatible Layer 1 basechain.
- High throughput: Achieved up to 10,000 TPS on a single side chain on internal testnet; Multiple chains to be added for horizontal scaling.
- User experience: Smooth UX and developer abstraction from mainchain to Polygon chain; native mobile apps and SDK with WalletConnect support.
- Security: Polygon chain operators are themselves stakers in the PoS system.
- Public sidechains: Polygon sidechains are public in nature (vs. individual DApp chains), permissionless and capable of supporting multiple protocols.
- The Polygon system was consciously architected to support arbitrary state transitions on Polygon sidechains, which are EVM-enabled.
Can I use BNB on the Polygon Chain?
- You can use the BNB on the Polygon Chain, but it has to be bridged from the BNB Smart Chain to the Polygon Chain. This can be done on Uniswap or Umbria.